To help make things a little easier on families, Scouts NSW is a registered “Active Kids Voucher” provider.
There are a number of steps involved (listed below) to get your free $100 through this initiative initiated by the NSW Government Office of Sport
(See https://sport.nsw.gov.au/sectordevelopment/activekids for info on the scheme)
- Register and obtain your voucher from Service NSW – Service NSW
- Once you have your Voucher number, complete this form to submit the details to Scouts NSW.
- You complete the “Y1 Youth membership form” and return it to the section leader in our group.
- Our group creates the initial invoice to you for initial registration and term costs.
- You pay that invoice in FULL.
- Your youth gets invested and becomes a member of the scouting family.
- The Group Leader (or Leader In Charge) signs the Y1 membership form as the member have been fully paid and invested.
- The Y1 form is sent to the Greater Western Sydney Scouts office.
- Region commissioner and office staff validate the membership form and initiate creation of a membership number through the NSW state office membership system.
- A membership number is created/assigned.
- Any supplied Active Kids Voucher info submitted to Scouts NSW (at step 2) can now be matched via the NSW branch office. (Must be validated with the government to ensure the voucher is valid, hasn’t been used elsewhere, etc)
- Once per week, NSW branch automatically sends a list of ALL active kids vouchers for the group along with the matching membership number.
- Our group can then issue you a CREDIT for the Scouts NSW component of the initial membership fee (for NEW members only)
- Our group can then issue you a CREDIT for the Scouts NSW component of the term fee’s that have already been paid.
- Our group can then adjust ongoing term fee’s to ensure that a discount is applied where there is remaining balance of the $100 voucher.
- This is a GOVERNMENT scheme. We don’t control who gets vouchers and who doesn’t.
- You CANNOT “double-dip” and use the voucher with more than 1 provider.
- Yes, if you join ‘later’ in the year or don’t apply for your voucher early enough, you may not be able to use the full $100
- The $100 voucher can ONLY be used against “Scouts NSW” components on initial rego/term fees as Scouts NSW (branch office) is the registered provider – NOT the group component. eg: $30 Scouts NSW new membership, $41/term Scouts NSW membership/NSW.
- We DONT yet have details about what happens at the end of 2018. ie: Will the scheme continue into 2019? etc
Any invoice we (the group) sends must be paid IN FULL. If voucher details come on later we will CREDIT you that value.
- Existing members of Scouting can use this webform to submit their voucher if they know the membership number.