- Joeys – 6 to 8 years
- Cubs – 7.5 to 11 years
- Scouts – 10.5 to 15 years
- Venturers – 14.5 to 18 years
- Rovers – 17.5 to 26 years
- Leaders – 16 to ………….
We operate during school terms, including student free days. Check out the upcoming dates on the left panel of our website.
- Cubs – Glenmore Pack – 6 – 7:30pm
- Scouts – Yeh Na Pah Troop – Friday 7 – 9pm
All new members are invited to trial scouts for a few weeks before joining, so just turn up on the night and speak with one of the leaders.
You will need to download and complete the Youth Membership Form and give this to one of our leaders. This form will have all of your contact information along with details of any medical conditions. As you would appreciate this information is extremely important for us to know whilst we have your children under our care.
Once your child has trialled scouts for a few weeks they can then be invested into scouting. The Uniform does not need to be purchased until the get invested. Note that they cannot be invested without the uniform. The group Scarfe, woggle & cap are supplied by the group.
- This is usually performed during the opening ceremony. Your child stands before the leaders and makes the promise in front of the pack/troop/mob.
- The promise is then followed by the issue of membership badges.
- Parents are encouraged to take photo’s of this special occasion.
- All costs regarding membership and term fees can be provided to you by our leaders either when you come along to one of our cub or scout meetings or by contacting the Group Leader through the contact section of this site or through our Facebook page.
This fee is set by Scouts Australia – NSW Branch and covers the Administration of the new membership.
Membership and Insurance Fees
This fee is set by Scouts Australia – NSW Branch and is due and payable in advance at the start of each term, which are aligned with current NSW school term. March every year. This covers insurance and administration costs.
This fee is set by the group committee. This covers the cost of the hall (leasing fees, insurance, utilities, maintenance, etc), and materials used by the scouts during the term.
Every Scout group has different resources, interests & fund raising capabilities and therefore the fees are different for every group.
Like the Membership and Insurance Fees, the term fees for 1st South Penrith are payable in advance by the second week of each term. Discounts are available for families with more than 1 child who are part of our Group
* Fees for multiple children relate to siblings directly related by the same mother, father or adoptive parent/guardian
* the group does offer further discounts for those that volunteer as committee members, leaders.
All Scouts must have a uniform before they can be invested. These uniforms may be purchased from the Group Leaders.
Prices can be found on The Scout Shop Website. The shirt needs to be purchased from us or the Scout shop (Approx $40), and you need to obtain navy coloured shorts to go with the shirt.
Camping / External Activities
Due to the wide variety of activities that scouts do we can’t include these activities in the normal term fees.
As a guide most camp sites are charged from $5 to $20 a night per person and then there are catering costs to go with it. You may also need to obtain a sleeping bag, Dilly Bag(Mess Kit), etc Please see the “What to bring to Camp” information sheet as a guide.
Due to these activities being organised as a group it is far cheaper than normal family activities, but nevertheless it is a cost that you should be aware of when considering scouts.
Fund Raising Obligations
1st South Penrith has low term fees because we have an active committee and group of parents that help out with fund raising. Our Fund Raising activities include, Store BBQ’s, Trolley Push’s, Odd Jobs, Chocolate/Sweet drives, etc.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.